- Unleash the Power of a Mobile-Friendly Website: The Ultimate Guide to Optimization - March 18, 2023
- Maximizing Website Performance: A Comprehensive Guide on Server-side and Client-side Factors - February 26, 2023
- Maximize Your Content Marketing Efforts with Content Repurposing: A Comprehensive Guide - February 24, 2023
Last Updated on December 21, 2022 by Arif Chowdhury
Uploading Instagram photographs and videos directly from your smartphone is a boring thing of the past. Yet, many users don’t know how to post on Instagram from pc without the app.
Want to upload content to your Instagram profile from your desktop or laptop but not find anything that works?
Calm down; you’re at the right spot. Instagram lets you share edited videos and photographs that you’ve created on your computer. It saves you time and gives you more options for sharing.
For this to work, content doesn’t need to be downloaded on your phone.
This guide will go through three distinct methods for posting to Instagram from your desktop, laptop, or Mac.
How to post on Instagram from a desktop or laptop computer?
You may publish photographs and videos to Instagram straight from your desktop or Mac using the methods indicated below. Hootsuite is a social media management application that works on all major platforms.
Though I have given you an example from Hootsuite, almost all social media management software has this feature. Thus you may use any of them.
Method #1: How to use Hootsuite to post content on Instagram?
Follow these steps to publish on Instagram using Hootsuite on your PC or Mac:
- First, visit the dashboard by logging in to your Hootsuite account. You may create a free account, as their free version has many options that will do your primary task.
- Click the “New Post” button to start a new post on your dashboard in the upper-right-hand corner.
- A new window will pop up when you click the “Add New Post” button. First, choose your Instagram account to publish your content. Next, click the “Select a social network” button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To publish a picture, video, or carousel to Instagram, drag the media into the box labeled “Media.” In addition, you may use various photo editors to enhance your image or video.
- In the blank field, enter a caption and hashtags. In addition, there is an area at the very bottom of the form where you may provide detailed information.
- Once you’ve finished writing, double-check your work to ensure everything runs smoothly. Then, use the “Post Now” option at the bottom when you’re ready to post. You may also schedule your post by selecting a desired future date and time.
See? It’s as simple as clicking a button to post content on an Instagram profile from your computer or Mac.
Recommended Reading: 8 Best Social Media Management Tools for Freelancers (Reviewed)
Method #2: How to use a desktop or Mac to post on Instagram?
Anyone can compose and post feed content straight from the app’s browser starting in October 2021 for all users.
Follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account from their website instagram.com.
- You’ll see the same symbol when you use a smartphone to publish content. Click the “+” button from the top panel to post new content.
- Alternatively, you may choose an image or video from your desktop or Mac by selecting content from the computer and dragging them into the box. You may upload up to ten files at a time using a carousel post.
- To alter a picture or video aspect, click the frame symbol in the window’s lower-left corner. Next, click and drag the looking glass symbol in the lower-left corner of the screen to zoom in and move your file around. When you’re finished, go to the upper right corner and click next.
- Modify the look of your profile picture. There are 12 pre-set effects on the filters page, or you may use the adjustments tab to adjust the brightness, contrast, and fading. The best course of action is that you have to find it by yourself.
- Give the image a name. Emojis may be seen and selected by clicking the emoji symbol. In the accessibility section, you may give alternate text for your files, limit comments, and use the “Add location” field to mark your content location.
- Now click share.
That’s all there is to it.
Only Instagram feed posts may be produced and published from a desktop.
There is more to learn. This guide will teach you how to upload Instagram Stories using your desktop or Mac. So, keep reading.
Quick Note: It is always better to use social media tools to publish and schedule content for your Instagram or other social media platform. Sometimes you may find difficulties when using manual methods.
Method #3: How to use Creator Studio to post on Instagram?
It is an attractive option for Instagram users who don’t mind having many accounts scattered over the app.
The Creator Studio app allows you to create and schedule any post, not only Instagram Stories.
Follow the below steps:
- Connect your Instagram account to the creator studio.
- Find the Instagram section on the creator studio.
- Click on the “create post” button.
- Click on the Instagram feed option.
- If you have more than one Instagram account, select which one you want to publish.
- Choose a caption to add more info.
- Choose the location option to mark your location.
- Next, choose “add content” and select your content.
Next, you have two options to upload content:
- Click on the “file upload” option to upload your content.
- You may choose to post the same content from your Facebook page.
- There is an option for you to simultaneously publish on both your Facebook and Instagram profiles by checking a box on your page.
- By clicking the “Share to Facebook” box next to your Instagram URL, you may post the same material to your Instagram and Facebook accounts. After your Instagram post is shared on Facebook, you may add additional information.
- Finally, publish.
Recommended Reading: 9 Steps How to Improve Social Media Marketing? (Beginner’s Guide)
How to use the desktop to publish a story on Instagram?
Note: this method is no longer required, as you can use method 2 to post content from your PC.
You may use social media tools to upload a Story on your Instagram account from your PC.
You may upload story content using a desktop or Mac if you’d like.
Using a PC or Mac without social media tools, you may share an Instagram Story from your desktop or laptop.
- Visit the instagram.com website.
- Use “developer mode” by using Ctrl + Shift + I. You may use this trick by utilizing Google Chrome or Safari browser.
- Find the camera in the top left corner.
- Just like your smartphone, choose your content and edit it as usual.
- Then select the “add to your story” button.
That’s it; you have done it.
Recommended Reading: 5 Proven Methods to Increase the ROI of Instagram Marketing for 2022
How to use a PC or laptop to edit a story?
You may use the Hootsuite compose option to edit any image immediately before it’s published. However, after it’s been published, you won’t be able to make any changes to the idea.
Follow the below steps:
- Just like the steps I have shown you before publishing content to your Instagram account using Hootsuite.
- Go to the Media tab and choose Edit Picture from the drop-down menu to change an image. It opens the edit tool in composer.
- This feature will change the picture aspect ratio to fit any social networking site’s criteria. In addition, the filters, lighting, focus, text, and sticker tools from the sidebar are also available in the brush tool.
- When you’re done, click Save.
- Write your description, fill in any blanks and provide data like your hashtags and location. Then, to post your entry, click “Post Now.”
That’s it. After spending some time there, you’ve just completed making final adjustments to your photos on your computer.
The mobile app offers an easy method to post on Instagram; however, if you follow our step-by-step guide, we will find it easy to post from a desktop browser.
If you want to post to Instagram from a laptop, chrome, or other browsers, these guides should have helped you a lot. By now, you should realize it too. Using social media tools is much easier, faster, and more flexible than without them.
That’s why we highly recommend you use social media management tools to post your content on your Instagram account.